
Fun: Rachel had a great time at her party. Nathan had a great time with his friend, Christopher, at his church's carnival and then trick or treating later. Steve and I had fun reflecting on Halloweens past and wondering how our children got to be so old so fast. (This photo is from 2003. Six years ago?! Hard to believe.)
Terrors: Steve and I (but especially Steve) were terrified when we saw Rachel all dressed up in her fairy costume, looking at least 3 years older than she really is. This picture doesn't do her justice. In addition, Rachel attended her first Halloween party with a new school friend we didn't know super well. It all turned out fine, but it did bring to her mother a hint of terror never before experienced.
Scares: Nathan really wanted to be Charizard, a Pokemon, for Halloween. Being completely bereft of both artistic and crafty skills, the very idea scared me. But the thought of disappointing him on this, the last Halloween of young childhood, frightened me even more. Thank goodness for wonderful friends and a very talented daughter. A dear school friend and a dear Relief Society friend combined to accomplish the sewing of the mask and tail. Rachel's creative vision, duct tape, a glue gun, and my labor accomplished the rest. The result: one very happy 9 year old.
2 comments:
Where did you get your Maleficent costume? I am thinking of investing in a princess costume for myself since that is what the girls will probably be for the next few years.
Disney changed their Maleficent costume so I got this one on clearance from their catalog. It was still a bit more than I wanted to spend, but well worth it. I've really enjoyed it. Take advantage of the opportunity to dress up--Rachel's enthusiasm for me dressing up has definitely faded. Mom made me an awesome Snow White costume as few years ago when Nathan was 13 months--the year I dressed my son up as Dopey thinking he was Happy.
Post a Comment