Monday, August 30, 2010

We've Been Robbed & are Deeply Grateful for our Blessings

Our Bishop led a discussion on the dangers of technology while intruders stripped our home of many of the items he brought up--cell phone, IPODs, Wii, etc. Since we discontinued our long distance service and put a block on it (so we wouldn't be tempted) I managed to drop my cell phone in a furrow full of water while wedding zucchini plants. Steve's phone was stolen yesterday, so we won't have any way of calling anyone back long distance until we get this all straightened out.

We did not notice the problem until about 6. They were good at cleaning up after themselves and the Gridley in me led to a perpetually unlocked side garage door.

Mom had called about 4 and shared the tragic news about Clay. When I discovered that my wedding ring had been stolen it seemed like such a small thing compared to Julie's loss that I haven't even felt very bad about it. I am so grateful to have the gospel and to know that she and her boys have it, too.

3 comments:

EmmaLee said...

Oh Sherrie, could you be any more perfect? I am so sorry. I think the worst part of being robbed is not so much what you lost, but horrible feeling of invasion. Why can't people mind their own business. We will be praying for you, and I guess the calls will have to come from our end for a while!

Charmayne said...

Seriously~Doug and I would like to erase yesterday as if it never happened. We are so stunned by the news of Clay and feel sick thinking about Julie and her 6 boys. Tragedy! So glad you guys weren't at home when this robbery took place. Why do people think they can take other people's belongings? I hope you get everything replaced as best as you can from homeowners. So sorry. Sunday was a very sad day!

Anne said...

I'm so sorry. It's so horrible thinking of a person with malicious intent inside your home. I am so glad that you guys are OK. If there is anything that we can do please let us know.

We love you