Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Addition to My Favorite Movies List

I LOVED the Blindside. True stories and Sandra Bullock--two of my favorite things in movies. Those of you who were not enraptured with my last recommendation (Amazing Grace, which is still one of my favorites--another true and uplifting story)might be wary, but rest assured, this movie is a lot faster paced. It starts with Lawrence Taylor breaking Joe Theisman's leg. What's not to love about that? (Actually that footage makes Steve nauseous--he refused to look until it was over.)

Our entire family enjoyed it. (Rachel, Nathan, and I enjoyed it so much that we watched it again the next day.) Clearplay removed one brief scene involving some drug and alcohol use and inappropriate comments, for which a man gets a well-earned beat down. You know that if Nathan loved it, it had some amusing parts. Check it out and then check out interviews with the real people on youtube.

2 comments:

EmmaLee said...

Bob and I loved it too! I knew instantly that it was a movie that you would love. Sorry I didn't recommend it to you sooner!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the recommendation. We've heard a lot of good things about it so I guess we will have to get it from Netflixs.

Let Steve know I probably will be covering my eyes during the broken leg part too. I can't handle that stuff, which is funny since I married Rich who is fascinated by open heart surgeries.