Sunday, May 30, 2010

No, This Was Not the Scene of a Crime


It's actually the bench to our kitchen table after some clean-up, the scene of home improvement gone awry. Steve was attempting to fashion a wheel replacement for our new-to-us dishwasher. He was holding the piece of plastic with pliers hoping to avoid spilling his own blood. Alas. As I was doing dishes, I heard the clanking sound of metal hitting the floor and the calm prouncement, "Dang, that's going to need stitches." It was almost midnight and R&N were fast asleep, having some difficulties slipping into slumber after watching the "scary" Clearplayed version of Sherlock Holmes. We left them a note, in case they woke up, which ironically, Rachel did wake up about 1:15 a.m., 15 minutes after we returned from the ER. As I drove home from the ER it occurred to me that I've now accompanied all of my immediate family members to two ER visits each. That seems like enough to last a lifetime. Nathan's quote on hearing the news the next morning, "Awesome! Now a grown up has actually had to go the Emergency Room like me."
The Dr.'s handiwork.