Yes, I am a slacker.
Yes, I have only run once since completing my half-marathon in April.
Yes, my husband was threatening to sell my birthday gift on Ebay.
Yes, I knew it would be tough.
No, I had no idea that I would be this sore and that I even possessed muscles in places that are now hurting.
No, I did not even do regular P90X--my goal is not to be "ripped". My plan is to utilize P90XLean. It uses the P90X cd's, but not all of them. I began with Core Synergistics. Since I have no core muscles to speak of, you can imagine my pain. When the instructor says to be sure that your abs are taunt, are you kidding? I'm can't feel any muscles--taunt or not taunt. What I feel is flab which is why I'm putting myself through this torture.
Yes, I am sharing this with you to dissuade quitting. Please ask me how it's going. I'm hoping that the shame of having to tell you I quit, will propel me forward. Thank you for you encouragement!
p.s. Thank you Bob, Dave, and Jessica for your excellent examples. I would never have dreamed about taking this on without your paving the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment