Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yuckga

I HATE yoga. I must be the most inflexible person on the planet.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear it. I took some restorative yoga classes before Ava and really enjoyed it. I am not that flexible either, but I found it relaxing.

Don't be hard on yourself about your exercise program. I think you are amazing. I can't even imagine running a mile let alone a half marathon. The fact that you trained and did it is amazing. I don't know much about this P90 thing but don't give up you are an inspiration to the rest of us flabby lazy people (namely me).

Steve and Sherrie said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Lisa. Yoga has always been excruciatingly uncomfortable for me. Maybe practice will make for some relaxation.

Anne said...

Ever since Abby was born I have had some weird back weakness and pain. I have been doing Pilates a few times a week and I understand your pain about not being flexible.

Believe it or not I actually took a flexibility class at BYU and the key to it not being uncomfortable is warming up. Meaning light cardio and even some gentle stretching. Not really that practical if you are working out at home but maybe it will help you.

Steve and Sherrie said...

Thank you for your encouraging words, Anne. You are so cool. It's awesome that you took a class that was helpful. Being fearful of getting a bad grade (Cassie received a C+ in racquetball our first semester--that freaked me out), I took beginning volleyball and beginning swimming.

Sorry to hear about your back problems. Your Pilates is impressive--you are truly amazing.