


Well, there's always something to be grateful for. Earlier this month our little family of four went for an adventure to Scandia in Sacramento. We took our raceway driving a little too seriously. Yes, I did cut my daughter off, spinning both our cars, and requiring the assistance of the teenage attendant. Well, this reckless driving infected us and reared its adventurous head as we approached the I-5 exit off of I-80. Steve and I were both thinking that two lanes merged to the right when, in fact, only one actually did. Knowing that he would be verbally abused for missing an exit by his efficient-driving-Nazi-ish wife, goaded on by said wife screaming "Get over, get over!", race car fire surging in our blood, we went off roading. It did not go well. Bang! Hit the protruding beginning of a cement curb. However, our amazing Mazda seemed to zoom, zoom down the road without any trouble. On the way home we planned to stop at Costco for a tire estimate. (Long story, will spare you the details, but suffice it to say that after only 18 month from purchasing tires, it was time to do it again and never, ever buy tires from Les Schwab again.) Major bummer to get a quote of $555. (actually ended up spending more than $600 for tires.) Even major-er bummer to return to the parking lot and watch oil literally flow out from under our car. By the time the tow truck arrived, the lake of oil more than covered the entire area of a parking spot. Even more major-er bummer to discover the a ripped hole in a Mazda 5 oil pan will cost ya $800 to repair. Ouch. Thank goodness for the principles of provident living that save you from despair when faced with a $1400+ loss right before Christmas. It's definitely changing the face of our Christmas plans, but we're not faced with difficulty paying our bills. Much to be grateful for including a painful but needed lesson in putting the feelings of my husband over my outrageous desire to get places in the most efficient manner possible.
2 comments:
Can I just say that you are amazing Sherrie. You have these crazy things happen to you and you always put a positive spin on it. I really appreciate and admire that about you. I am so sorry that your car had so many problems. At least now you shouldn't need to worry about those problems again for a long time.
I hear you! I was so sick about my van being totaled. It's hard when crazy things happen and we always seem to have our fair share as well. But in the end we're so glad your all safe as cars can be replaced and people cannot. :)
Post a Comment