Friday, November 5, 2010

Cleaning the Refrigerator

My wonderful neat and tidy, clutterfree husband is really sick and tired of the mess that is our fridge. I happily enjoy the chaos and the daily reminder of loved ones and memorable moments. Yet, in an act of love, I'm clearing it. (He'll get a brief respite until the Christmas photos come rolling in!) To ease my loss, I'm posting some of my favorites:

The blue magnet was given to me as part of a RS lesson. I casually put it on the fridge without saying anything to anyone. Before the week was over, both of my children independently said to me, "Mom you need to take that magnet down." Nice--I didn't even make it a week. Sad.
This next one was never actually on the fridge--even I recognized that it was a little large, but it's a companion piece to the bonnet photo.
Not to be one-sided, the stake hosted a daddy-daughter western-themed dinner. The western attire suited the camera-loving dad in our family just fine.
The Love-A-Gram is one of my prized possessions. Rachel gave it to me several years ago. Don't you just love the way she crossed out "tease" and her fabulous spelling of "torture"? I haven't been able to bring myself to redeem it--it's priceless.


Those of you living around these parts may remember the days following the great bonnet making. Rachel went on a bonnet making spree. She was first introduced to the concept at the Stake Mother-Daughter Primary Luncheon. Her t-shirt is a classic. I was serving in the Stake Primary Presidency at the time and arrived early to set up. Steve brought Rachel to the event at its regular starting time. Not exactly what I would've selected for wearing with her skirt to say the opening prayer in the chapel, but that's life.

1 comment:

Anne said...

That love a gram is precious and hilarious.