Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Spring is Springing
Surely the winter weather has not completely exhausted itself, but what a beautiful two days we've had! The almond orchards are even beginning to sprout their white blossoms. Recently it has been sunny and chilllly, but yesterday and today have been temperate and gorgeous. It is SO much more fun to run in nice weather! So far, I've made it up to nine miles (1 hour 45 minutes). It's amazing what you can accomplish by moving forward with small and steady steps. 5 months of training down, 2 more to go. The big run is on April 30th in Rich and Lisa' neck of the woods, the American River Parkway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm not sure what I am feeling more, jealousy or being impressed. Someday I hope to be just like you, living in CA and running nine miles at a time.
Just so you know Ezra chews on shoes too. He particularly likes my flip flops
Don't be jealous or impressed--I'm sure you won't wait until you're almost 40 to run 9 miles once in your life:)
Just think--next March 1 you will be living in CA. Yeah--we are very excited about that!
The weather has been lovely, except for yesterday. We have popcorn on our apricot and peach tree.
Just so you know you are amazing. I don't think I will run 9 miles before I'm 40 or ever. You will have to give us details on your run so we can come out and support you. We can make cheer for you on the trail.
Are you doing a half marathon Sherrie? I wish we were closer to cheer you on.
Doug and I are on the road to getting our health back and being fit by 40.
Go get em Sherrie!
Post a Comment