Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ill Fated Trip to the Folsom Zoo

This is a picture of me wearing all of Rachel's cast-offs--her scarf, her sweatshirt, etc.

On Lincoln's birthday we voyaged to Folsom to check out the zoo, only to discover that it's closed on Mondays. Alas. We did, however, discover this great street adjacent to the zoo property. Can you sense my family's enthusiasm for getting out of the car and posing. I think I actually had to bribe Steve. I believe this was also the trip where we discovered that Rachel broke her brand new camera that she received for Christmas--one of the few people in the world to crack the display on her digital camera.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

WHAT??? Why didn't you come visit us? Sorry it was closed though!

Steve and Sherrie said...

I thought about it, but we didn't want to barge in on you. We had Sammie with us, too. We decided to cruise Folsom Lake while we were in the neighborhood. I couldn't believe how low it was. The kids climbed on the giant rocks and followed the little streams into the lake. (It kinda freaked me out to think those ginormous rocks are normally underwater, possibly close to the surface.)