Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Much Better Alcatraz Experience

Some of you may recall my last Alcatraz experience. Doug, Charmayne, Rich, Lisa, and I set out for some San Francisco fun. Of course that trip occurred during the days of my first ovarian cyst which chose to flair up in the middle of the prison tour. My strongest memory of the day is laying on the cement floor in a fetal position, writhing in pain as earphone-clad tourists walked around me. Although they were very sweet and helpful, I felt very bad for raining on everyone's parade. Lisa secured a spot for me on the handicapped tram and a priesthood blessing in the van restored my ability to enjoy the trip.
This trip occurred during Spring Break and was pain-free and fun-filled.


We were very impressed with the flowering beauty of the Rock's west side.


Steve and Nathan entertaining themselves with a rhyming game on the boat ride over.

Succeeding in being entertained. You can see Coit Tower off to the right and the TransAmerica building to the left.


I love this picture! You can imagine that there is a big sister full of loving, kindness for her little brother.

Nathan scaring his mom.


Rachel giving me the "I'm only smiling because you're making me smile" smile.



Nathan captured a real smile. It was a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you had a better time. I love all the pictures especially the one of the whole family. It is nice to see everyone smiling and happy.

Charmayne said...

I felt so bad for you that trip because you were trying to handle it so well which you always do but you were in pain. So nice for you to return with your own family and have a great time. I to love the pics. Our families are growing up Sherrie!Rach, Nate, Marlee and Ian~ they are not little anymore.:(

Anne said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a good trip. It shows in your smiling faces!