Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Exhaustion

Life is always crazy, sometimes crazier than others. Crazier is the current phase in the Jensen household. Mr. Ramirez, Plainfield Elementary's wonderful new 1st grade teacher, asked me before school started to substitute teach for him for three weeks in September when his wife delivered their second child. The c-section was planned for September 14th. Well, his wife took the Labor Day weekend quite literally and delivered a beautiful baby girl on Friday. Consequently, the week of preparation I had planned flew out the window and I spent part of Labor Day searching Mr. R's classroom for his math pages. Mr. Ramirez is extremely organized and his classroom is immaculate. This is immediately a stressful situation for the non-organized individual such as myself. I've been staying up until 11 or so the past two nights developing lesson plans. Still working on the pacing and still coming up short. But each day is better than the last (she says hopefully at the end of day 2). There are MANY chatty boys in the class. Three of which cannot keep their hands off others, BUT there is one amazing boy with 4 silver front teeth who has told me each morning as he comes in to class, "You look beautiful today, Mrs. Jensen." They really are all great kids at heart. Fortunately, I worked with most of them last year for 3 weeks when I helped in kindergarten, and there's not a single one that I don't like. This will be a great stretching experience. (The 3 weeks has grown into 4.) Hopefully, the room will be recognizable at the beginning of October and my family and my 3 callings and 6 visiting teachees will not be suffering too greatly. Keep me (and them) in your prayers, please!

p.s. Looking forward to the time when I can post about our new car! (A metallic gray 2008 Mazda 5 with 21,000+ miles.)

p.p.s. I have the world's greatest husband. Last night as I tried to decipher the new 1st grade math program, he swept and mopped both bathrooms and the kitchen and dining area, caulked the new baseboards he recently put in, and ran to the store to buy new light bulbs for the new light fixture he put into the newly remodeled bathroom and helped me unload the dishwasher.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Sherrie, I am so sorry. You are just amazing. If anyone can get through this well and with a smile it is you! We will keep you all in our prayers.

I think you'll love your Mazda. Whenever I see a silver Mazda 3 go by I'm reminded of how fun it was to zoom zoom.

EmmaLee said...

Sherrie, I agree with Anne, if anyone can do it it's you. Steve has to be amazing like that to be married to such an amazing woman.

Charmayne said...

Good on ya Sherrie~You can do it! I think we all have moments of being stretched. I have had a few days of 19 kids in my home and wow-some days can be tougher than others but there is always another new day. :) Good luck!!!