Monday, June 14, 2010

The Rockets are Launching Without Me

I'm working hard on receiving the Flake of the Year award, and I am well ahead of the rest of the pack. Speaking of packs, Pack meeting is supposed to be the 3rd Thursday of every month. This month, however, we have an AWESOME pack meeting planned where we are going to build and launch our very own rockets (made from 20oz plastic bottles). Because the Norm and Verda Jensen Family Reunion is this week, Thursday-Saturday, in lovely Lake Tahoe, I moved Pack Meeting to Wednesday. Last week it occurred to me that long ago we planned to go up a day early and had secured accommodations beginning on Wednesday. So, I moved the date so that I could be there, and now I'm not even going to be there. Nathan is bummed. Rachel is mad that she is missing her first combined YM/YW swim party. I look like a complete Flake--hello, why not leave the meeting on its original date when you are not even going to be there anyway. I'm not even going to tell you what I did Thursday to secure my lead in the F of the Y race--but it definitely qualified me for the finals. Alas.

Some of you may recall that on our last Family Reunion trip to Lake Tahoe, we blew the engine on our Ford (Fix or repair daily) van climbing up the Sierra Nevadas and barely limped into South Lake Tahoe. That was an exciting trip. We've been a couple of times on our own since and anticipate that this will be a fabulous, stress free adventure. We'll keep you posted....

2 comments:

Charmayne said...

You should know you are not in the running for Flake of the Year~You are after all Sherrie~SIMPLY HUMAN!!!
Hope you guys have a great time and good luck with no car troubles!

Anne said...

I remember that trip. I'm sure the Mazda is up for the challenge. I have been sick for a couple of weeks and my collective things I have forgotten or just ignored are probably far worse than your discretion.