This is how excited Rachel was that we coached her basketball team. (Steve was teaching at the Community College and missed the photo op.) We just couldn't handle another season of very nice men who volunteered their time and had the best of intentions, but who didn't know the difference between reaching-in and defense. The highlight of the season for me was when we had to explain to one of our girls why the girls on the other team were being so mean. Answer: our kick-bootie defense caused intense frustration. Oh, the joys of shutting down an offense. I have to live vicariously while I can--Rachel likes basketball, but she doesn't love it like her parents did.
This is how excited Nathan was that his parents were not coaching his basketball team. His mom decided that she was already his cub scout leader and sometimes school teacher and it was definitely time for another adult presence in his life. That adult presence is trying really hard not to crack up in this picture because I was making all kinds of crazy faces to get Nathan to crack a smile. You can see the futility of those efforts.
3 comments:
I was mean when I played basketball as a kid just because I was crazy!
I love your kids looks! That is too funny. My kids haven't branched out beyond soccer and softball. I'm hoping Marlee will try Volleyball.
I don't know. Either Rachel doesn't like the camera or she's not incredibly thrilled about B-ball.
Carson
Post a Comment