
How quickly the time goes! It doesn't seem that long ago that Nathan was going off to kindergarten for the first time and Rachel was entering 2nd grade. Now they've both moved out of primary grades and Rach is one of the big 6th graders, rulers of the campus.
Nathan was so excited for school to start that he woke me up at 1:00 and then 1:30ish and then 2:ooish. He remained up and at 'em at 6:30 this morning. He is a little late in arriving at the Pokemon era because his mother would never let him embark on that cultural journey until we did collections in Cub Scouts and each and every other scout had a Pokemon card collection. He's probably one of a very few 4th grade boys excited to wear a new Pokemon t-shirt. He certainly wore it with pride and enthusiasm.
They both had a great first day of school. I enjoyed a visit from Stanley Steemer in their absence. After picking them up, we celebrated a successful day with our annual first day trip to the Cookie Company for a cookie. Delicious!
3 comments:
Rachel-I used to love getting stuff from thrift stores. It's so fun.
Nathan-you look like you had a great day.
Sherrie-What a good idea to give your carpets a fresh start too.
I love that Nathan is so excited to go to school! I use to wake up early during basketball season and get dressed for morning practice at midnight...It use to drive my mom crazy. I did it more because I was anxious about being late and not because I was excited...being excited is better.
I am glad they had a great day and I like the annual first day celebration. I think I might have to steal that idea in the future.
Oh, and I love the flashback picture...so cute!!
nathan was excited to go to school? enjoy it while it lasts guys. Soon, he'll be like taylor and me. We want out!
Post a Comment