Yes, we let our children talk us into one of those cheezy 6 Flags pictures, but since Jaws is woven into the fabric of Jensen family culture, it seemed appropriate. As you can see, I was so alarmed by the sight of Rachel trapped in the bloody abyss, I wet my pants. Either that, or we dropped down Monsoon Falls earlier andwere soaked to the bone with certain areas drying slower than others. (A fact undetected until the posting of this photo. Nice.)
Nathan was pleased to finally be tall enough to enjoy every ride at the park. (Last year he passed 2 height checks in the Medusa line only to have his hair pushed down and his hopes crushed by a stern, power-hungry teen.) He took full advantage of his new stature, venturing forth to all wild and crazy attractions with the exception of vertical velocity because no one else would go near that coaster.
In addition, we enjoyed butterflies (2 crawled on Rachie), tigers, dolphins, sea lions, walruses, penguins, and especially the sting rays. Some enjoyed the wildlife more than others, but all enjoyed the moments of sitting in the shade.
School starts bright and early tomorrow morning. Heavy sigh. Well, at least I'm not worrying about getting up at 5 every morning for seminary. There's always something to be grateful for, and we've got a whole lot of something this year, including two wonderful school teachers and two great kids.
2 comments:
Love the photo! I actually didn't notice your wet pants until you made the comment...funny!! I'm glad you guys had fun and wish the kids good luck with school.
Same here-didn't notice the pants until I read about it. :)
Sounds like you guys had a great time. We don't start back until Sept 8th-It will be nice to be back into the routine though. Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment